I had been disturbed by recent events around the social front and had been deliberately contemplating on what I can do differently.
Ordinary Life Tips May Be For Sale!
Contact owner via email link.
1) It began with an online chat one night with a muslim teenager who happens to be a regular visitor of OLT. I find his admission disturbing, that his parents are not practising the deen and leaves him to fend for himself, allowing him to transgress.
2) I attended a wedding reception which was held before the bride and groom were solemnised.
3) One wedding dinner had pictures and videos of the couple in compromising positions shot way before they were halal.
4) My inability to help further without sounding like I am doing missionary work. These are readers to whom I suggest applying the worldly advice and technique to solve their problems knowing that some of the approaches cannot possibly work without having faith in God.
5) The programs I promote, some suggesting sex for unmarried women to win the hearts of men.
The points above and a host of other reasons made me feel so restricted in expressing what I really feel. It did not feel right and stifles that bit of creativity I have in me. This will be my last post on OLT. I say goodbye with a big thank you to regular readers who are always a source of inspiration, be it in the form of your comments on this blog or the email conversations we had.
I still have a passion for writing and have decided to move on to where I can be more comfortable and free to express my true feelings.
I am launching a new blog DeenClickz! on January 1st 2013. The concept will be quite similar but it will be more faith oriented and more about disseminating knowledge and information.
Meanwhile, muslims or otherwise, you may want to join our new Google+ Community to stay in touch or simply to update me with your latest going-ons in life.
Goodbye and see you in January 2013!